The best thing to do after a treatment is relax as much as possible and drink plenty water. Massaging the body can release toxins into your system and so the more you can do to help flush them out the better. So drinking water and avoiding heavy exercise, big meals, alcohol and if possible, smoking after your treatment will definitely help.
Some of the more common after-effects of massage include:
- an increase in going to the loo as your circulatory and lymphatic systems have been stimulated
- tiredness due to the release of toxins and the energy the body is using up to heal itself
- headache which may be a result of simulation of nerve fibres during the massage or dehydration if you don’t drink enough afterwards
- muscular aches in the areas the treatment has focussed on
- thirstiness due to the increased action of the lymphatic system
- heightened emotions due to the release of tension
If you do feel out of sorts – please don’t worry! This should pass within 24-48 hours but should you be at all concerned, please don’t hesitate to contact us or get in touch with your GP.